Vibrant Provides Vital Support During COVID-19
In this unprecedented time, Vibrant continues to provide our life-saving services, and we have adapted and extended our reach to help individuals, families, and communities build resiliency and manage mental health challenges due to COVID-19.
- Our crisis line counselors are helping an ever-increasing number of individuals who are reaching out expressing fear, anxiety, and uncertainty as the pandemic continues. Counselors who answer these free, 24/7 lines have become the emotional safety net for anyone who is having a difficult time adjusting or coping in these challenging circumstances. We are expanding staff to increase capacity to ensure we are able to meet this growing need. Learn more about our hotlines:
- Our courageous front-line staff members continue to provide in-person services to the most vulnerable among us who rely on our programs. These programs are lifelines for those who need supports and services, especially during this time of social distancing and limited access to resources. Learn more about our programs:
- Our crisis line counselors are offering support to the essential workforce. Health and behavioral health care professionals, first responders, and other essential workers are taking care of us, yet they too need emotional support. Vibrant is also providing tips and training to them so that they have the skills to help themselves—and the people they are caring for—during this anxious time.
- Our digital “Safe Space”, which was recently launched, offers free resources and tools for anyone looking for a little extra help.
- NYC Well, administered by Vibrant, has expanded its library of mental health apps to include free digital mental health tools to assist with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our Crisis Emotional Care Team, a cadre of volunteer mental health professionals, is offering emotional support and skills training to the private sector, health care professionals, and other members of the essential workforce.
- We are also distributing and regularly updating tips, tools, and resources to manage during this challenging time together. Check out our frequently updated “Supporting Your Emotional Wellbeing During the COVID-19 Outbreak” page.
If you or someone you know is struggling and needs additional support, please reach out to connect with our programs. We are here for you.
To help us increase our reach to meet the growing demand, we ask for your support. By generously donating to Vibrant today, you will help us expand our life-saving services and tools during this unprecedented time.