Mental Health Month 2023
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, a national movement established in 1949 to raise awareness about mental health. For 2023’s Mental Health Awareness Month, Vibrant is celebrating #WhereIFindMyself.
The #WhereIFindMyself campaign explores how our physical surroundings impact both individual and population mental health. Our physical environment plays a crucial role in shaping our mental health and well-being. Living in a healthy and safe space can positively affect our mental health while living in an unhealthy and unsafe environment can lead to stress and anxiety.
Throughout the campaign, we will cover important topics such as what constitutes a mentally healthy and safe space, how to make changes to our surroundings to support our mental health, and what to do if we can’t control or change something unhealthy about our environment.
Ways to get involved:
- Share a photo of a place that feels like a safe space for you and explain why it’s important to your mental health. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #WhereIFindMyself!
- What’s one thing you’ve done to create a mentally healthy living space? Share your tips with others using the hashtag #WhereIFindMyself.
- Mental health is a community issue. What’s one thing your community could do to create more mentally healthy public spaces? Share your ideas and tag your community leaders using the hashtag #WhereIFindMyself.
- Watch our #WhereIFindMyself kick off video.
- There are countless ways to support mental health resources, one of which is by donating. Click here to find out how to donate to Vibrant.
- Follow the #WhereIFindMyself hashtag on social media!
Mental Health Resources:
- Vibrant Emotional Health– Vibrant Emotional Health’s mission is mental health care for everyone. Through advocacy, education, and programming, Vibrant is able to make mental wellness a reality for many elders, families, and youths.
- The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline– The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a hotline dedicated to suicide prevention and mental health crisis care. You can call or text the Lifeline at 988 or you may also chat with the Lifeline at https://988lifeline.org/chat/
- BeThe1To– BeThe1To is an initiative started by the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline that seeks to spread messaging around steps all of us can take to prevent suicide.
- You Matter– The You Matter blog is a youth-run blog operated by the 988 Lifeline. The blog serves as a safe space for youths ages 13-25 to discuss various topics typically pertaining to mental health. Ultimately, You Matter is a place to spread the word that your problems, your worries, your fears, and above all, you- unique and real you- matter!
- Strength After Disaster– Strength After Disaster is a storytelling platform that aims to encourage survivors, responders, loved ones, and caregivers to share stories of hope and recovery encompassing all types of natural and human-caused disasters.
- Disaster Distress Helpline– The Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.